Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! I am sitting next to the husband feeling overwhelmed with gratitude. I had to blog about this morning before I forget, because I don't really keep a journal and I know I should. To make a long story short we were all spoiled rotten this year. Jordan got an Iphone 5 and a laptop. I got new pans and pots, new boots and chocolate covered strawberries. Jordan's little brother got so much great stuff, but was really hoping for his own Itouch. After all the presents were opened he got a little sad that he didn't. He's just young and really wasn't trying to be ungrateful. After a series of events he ended up in his room crying. Jordan and I went up there to talk to him about gratitude and how much we all wanted him to have a good Christmas. After we were done talking a thought came to my mind about prayer and how it can help us when we are feeling a way we don't want to. I told Jayce that it might be a good idea to pray for gratitude for all of our blessings. We asked him if he would like to pray after we left or with us there. He asked me to say a prayer. The second I began I started crying because of the overwhelming feeling I had of gratitude for the birth of our Savior. I know I said an inadequate thanks, but truly felt the most incredible feeling of love, peace and the significance of our Savior's birth.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!







2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful, Jamie! I am so glad you recorded that experience. I love you and miss you and Jordan like crazy. I can't wait to see you again. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so nice. Thanks for sharing it. (though i'll admit I was waiting for the part of the story where you surprise Jayce with an itouch haha but this version is good)

    ReplyDelete