Thursday, January 24, 2013

Something Like a Phenomenon



Disclaimer: This post is not about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. So you probably know, if you even looked out your window today, that there was this phenomenon called freezing rain. I 15 was shut down for a while, three police officers were hit, the airport was closed. It was a big deal! I guess there are only 10 recorded events of freezing rain since 1940 at airport stations. My morning went something like the following:
6:15 - alarm sounds kiss husband goodbye as he goes to the gym.
7:00 - I am all showered and ready, eating breakfast and decide to watch the news.
7:15 - I decide to skip brushing my teeth and opt for gum. The weather man keeps talking of this freezing rain and I figure I need some extra time to get to Mountain View to help in this math class for LD students.
7:20 - I have scrapped my car like a responsible citizen, but forgot to check my windshield fluid, because everybody does that before they get in the car.
7:22 - My windshield is COVERED in frozen rain and my head is stuck out my car window because I suddenly have no windshield fluid to melt the ice forming by the second. No worries, I didn't die.
 7:30 - In the parking lot waiting patiently in the row of slowly moving cars I watch a poor girl slip and fall. I chuckle and am grateful it wasn't me.
7:31 - I fall getting out of my car
7:31.5 - I fall in the middle of the road and my binder goes flying. Every paper falls out but lands within a 5 ft radius. 
7:32 - I fall again and give up walking and continue to crawl to pick up my binder, and also crawl the remaining 100 ft into the school. Yeah I was definitely laughed at. But I think two bruised but cheeks are enough for one day.
7:35 - I check in at the office to find out class doesn't start until 9 because of an assembly.
Currently - I am trying not to have a panic attack just thinking of going outside again. I am also trying not to cry about my phenomenal day. Ice cream is helping with the crying portion. The husband will be home soon and I'm sure he will kiss my bruises better:)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so scary!!
    (you know I may be laughing out loud a little:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I laughed too. Because you laughed at someone then probably looked much sillier. That is so scary!! I saw a video online at BYU of people just sliding around campus. And here I still wear short sleeves. come visit me.

    ReplyDelete