Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fake it 'Till you Make it

Yesterday I had ten whole minutes to make lunch and head to class. I quickly decided on a sandwich. We were out of PB so I grabbed the lunch meat, lettuce, tomatoes and bread only to find out we were also out of mayonnaise. I don't know about you, but I just can't eat a sandwich without sauce. I remembered a recipe that I saw in Cook's Illustrated for fake mayo. I am always a little hesitant to make mayo because it entails raw eggs. Salmonella is not on my bucket list. I was excited about this recipe because it called for no eggs. I quickly made it and wasn't even late to class. You know that is impressive. Try it out! I think it is much better than the store bought stuff. Next time I am going to try it with canola oil. Heck I may even go for olive oil.



No comments:

Post a Comment