Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dinner that made me say Mmmmmm

I will admit that I am not really a good cook. I pretend to be, but lately have been doing a bad job at it. I also know that one day I will be good at it. I have a hard time deciding what to cook, mainly. I like carrots and Jordan likes red meat and middle ground is sometimes hard to find. Well today my friends I found a very happy medium. It was all thanks to Apple Bee's and my good friend Julie who gave me the recipe to imitate their oriental chicken salad/wrap. Jordan moaned and groaned and ate four wraps. They were big, but if you know my husband, you know he could eat a horse. Anyway, here it is, if you want a happy husband like me. We also ate way too fast to snap a picture, so here is one from the world wide web.

Oriental Dressing:
3 T Honey
1 1/2 T White Vinegar
3 T mayo
1 t Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1/8 t sesame oil

Mix with a hand mixer or rigorously with a fork and chill in the fridge while you cook.

Chicken: (I guess you could grill it, but come on, frying is yummier and consumed once in a while it won't hurt)
2 chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized pieces
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 c flour
1/2 c cornflakes crushed
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 c canola oil

Heat oil to about 350* or over med-high in a skillet. Combine the egg and milk. Combine the dry ingredients. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and then flour mixture. Fry for about 5 min or until a nice brown crust appears.

Salad:
3 c romaine lettuce
1 c red cabbage
1 c napa cabbage
1/2 large carrot
1 green onion
1 T sliced or chopped almonds
1/3 c chow mein noodles

Chop everything nice and small and combine. Top with chicken and a little dressing, or wrap in a yummy tortilla like we did. I tell you you will love it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word I want this. Badly. It has lots of ingredients though, which always discourages me. Go ahead, tell me how easy it was so I'll make it :) (I don't know what that special mustard is or a napa cabbage)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty easy. I started and finished in less then an hour. I actually left that mustard out because I don't like it haha. And napa cabbage should be at every store. It's just the light green kind that is shaped like romaine lettuce.

    ReplyDelete