Monday, May 18, 2015

Luke's baby blessing

I need to be better at documenting because my memory is broken. Luke was blessed on April 12, 2015 by his dad. We had SO much support for this perfect day. My sister, Kara, and her family drove clear from Denver. My brother and Kaci brought their baby even though germs are a big concern for her this early. We had aunts and uncles, friends and grandparents travel in and love on Luke. The blessing was perfect. Luke wore the same outfit Jordan was blessed in and was wrapped in blankets from his Great Grandma and grandma. They were both hand made with love. Jordan said all the perfect words, but to be honest I should have written this earlier because I don't remember much. He is always so good with blessings. I had asked him before what he was going to say and he said, "I don't know. I'm going to follow the Spirit." Even when I bear my testimony I'm practicing in my mind what I will say! That is why Jordan is my favorite. He is really in tune with the Spirit and promptings just flow for him. We followed the meeting with a lunch in the park near our home. The food everyone brought was fabulous and the weather was beautiful.

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the plan of happiness. To me, the biggest part of that is families. We are so blessed to have to gospel and to be able to have a family that is sealed to us for EVER. FOREVER! Luke is really my brother and I get to be his mom in this life. I get to witness his sweet spirit grow. I get to teach him right and wrong and I have a testimony that if Jordan and I are faithful to the covenants that we have made, our family will be valiant. Every child deserves to be born to loving parents and I am so thankful that I have been given the opportunity to be a mom. Luke is going to be an amazing child of God. I know it. I can feel it in his spirit. He is already so observant. I look forward to so many things, but mostly I look forward to watching his testimony develop.

Below is the handsome boy. Is it sad that I am a little excited for him to start drooling so I can put him in his bandana bibs I made him?














No comments:

Post a Comment