Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Independence Day

I am a girl who loves her independence. A small story will illustrate. Me: "Jordan, if I ever do that, please remind me that it is crazy and stupid." Jordan: "Sure thing, babe." Jordan's dad, Vern: "Jamie, we all know that if you do this in the future, and Jordan reminds you that it is crazy, you will still do it anyway. You will just tell him that you changed your mind and not to tell you what to do." Me: "That actually sounds about right."

We had a really wonderful 4th of July this year. It began by waking up and going on a bike ride. We went down to our bikes to find that someone had smashed my tire to the point that I have to replace the whole thing:( Since my bike was out of the running, we called Jordan's sweet parents and asked if we could barrow some bikes. The route we were going on was just as close to their house. When we got there, Vern filled all the tires and Jord's brother Jayce decided to go with us. We began the ride, Jayce disappeared and we caught up to him about ten min later. Just after we hit about the half way mark, my tire exploded. It was immediately out of air. I must have been too heavy;) We gave Vern a call and he brought me a replacement bike and we journeyed on. The rest of the ride was beautiful.








Once we got home, we went boating. I was the official flag holder. Utah Lake is so vast and beautiful.














We went home after to shower and I made a pasta salad to take to dinner. We were so hungry when we got to dinner. I took my pasta salad out of the in-laws fridge to stir it up and put it on the table only to drop it on the floor. Jordan instantly teared up. Food doesn't get ruined by touching a clean floor, which my mother-in-law always has, so I used a spatula to get the stuff not touching the floor. There were only a few bits left so I started getting a rag to put those in the trash. Jordan pushed me away, got on his hands and knees and started eating. I love this boy. He said it was too good to waste. He finished every bit! Our day was topped of with the traditional fire works, with me standing as far away as possible. They have always freaked me out.

I hope your day was a little less eventful than ours. The fourth of July is always a fun holiday for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment